Friday 6 October 2017

What I ate in a day, a day of yummy vegan food.

This is what I ate in a day, it was my day off work, with just a few errands to run and a bit of gardening to do, but mostly just chilling out at home.


Breakfast was a yummy mix of potatoes, chickpeas and onion, fried til crispy with some paprika and garlic and a splodge of ketchup.


My breakfast was super filling, so for lunch I had some home-grown salad leaves, with a few crackers, a stick of vegan cheese and a BBQ Graze box.


Followed by an apple and home grown raspberries - they're so sweet this year!


Joe made this tea.  Home-made tomato sauce, wholemeal spaghetti and sausages-pretending-to-be-meatballs.  If you cut up Linda McCartney sausages and fry them in a little paprika they make excellent quick pretend-meatballs for pasta dishes.


This vegan ice cream is supposed to be in the shape of a lion, but I think it's more like a cute little sheep!  It's not quite chocolatey enough so I like to dip it into dark chocolate chips too!

Don't forget to check out my other vegan blog posts for more vegan meal inspiration! 


 
 

6 comments:

  1. I always love your what I eat in a day posts because they are so normal! I read so many that suggest things that would cost a fortune but yours always look delicious and simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's nice to hear :) I sometimes think they're too boring to share, but we can't all spend hours in the kitchen making bhudda bowls!!

      Delete
  2. This looks a particularly good and tasty-looking vegan day! I like the look of everything and would definitely eat it!!! I had a LOVELY vegan falafel box in Pret a Manger last week- I hate Falafel usually, but this was super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use sausages as meatball substitutes! Definitely going to be trying that this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Joe's idea, but it really is a good and easy tea for after work!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie