Wednesday 25 June 2014

Current Crochet Projects, Mollie Makes Starburst Blanket, Scarf, Mats and Flowers.

Hello!  This is what I'm currently making.  I'm in a bit of a scatterbrain phase at the moment, so I have lots of things on the go and lots of ideas bubbling about in my head too. 

I've been working on this blanket for the longest time.  The pattern was called something like starburst flowers in an early issue of Mollie Makes magazine.  I started it in June 2011 and showed you it's progress a couple more times, before leaving it in the bag of forgotten projects.  I have a bag with about 100 more squares in, that I'm joining together, then I'll decide if I want to make it any bigger.  I am never, ever, ever making a blanket without joining as you go, ever again!


I also finished a cushion in the same starburst pattern from Mollie Makes.  I've had this hanging around for about 4 years too.  It was a Christmas present for my mum, I feel less guilty now it's finished and on her sofa!


I started making this as a granny square blanket, to use up some of my stash, but I think it may become a scarf instead.  I think I will make it scarf shaped, and if I don't like it I'll keep adding until it's a blanket!  See how I've learned a lesson here and am sewing the squares together as I go!


I have started making little mats to go under my house plants.  This is mostly to use up wool in my stash that is funny colours or textures but that I don't want to go to waste.  With 3 or 4 strands of yarn held together and a big hook these are really satisfying and quick to make.


These roses crocheted in cotton are for a new (possible) business idea pinging about in my brain at the moment, if I ever stop procrastinating/find some focus/get on with it, I will tell you all about it! 


I have all my ongoing projects on the chair in my living room, I hope that if I can see them I might be motivated to finish something!


I'm itching to start making a granny stripe blanket, some safety pin and button earrings, bunting, cards, bunnies and a crochet Totoro too.  I can't stop myself!

What are you making?

Posts you might have missed - my granny stripe blanket, crochet baby clothes and getting ready for my first craft fair.

Linking up with Flaunt it Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie