Sunday 4 May 2014

Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket, Attic 24 Style.

I've been working away on a granny stripe crochet blanket for friends I'm visiting in Brazil.


The pattern is a lovely, easy and free one, written by Lucy from Attic 24.  You can find the pattern by clicking here.

I made my version with a chain of 180 stitches using a 4mm hook and dk yarn.


I crocheted in trebles (UK) and I finished both ends off in red, with a row of double crochet (also UK).


This is the blanket on my (double) bed (I have used a clever camera angle, to disguise all the messy parts of my room!).  I'm pretty pleased with the size of it, considering I was planning it as more of a snuggling on the sofa blanket than a bed blanket.  Maybe it can work as both!  


I really loved making this blanket and will definitely be making one for myself at some point too! It was soo lovely zooming along each row and watching it grow.  

I am still working on decreasing my wool stash, and this blanket has helped to get rid of 7 balls of yarn!

Have you got anything on your hook (or needles!) at the moment?

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely blanket - Great choice of colours, your friends are going to be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie