Monday 23 April 2012

World Book Night...


Happy World Book Night!!  I picked up a free book at work, The Blind Assassin, a left over from last years World Book Night and one of the only Margaret Atwood books I don't think I've read.  We held an event in the library today for a local author, aged 90+, to launch her second book (very crowded, she was a success!  What an inspiration!) and tonight the author Manda Scott is giving a talk, I didn't go because I had already spent 8 hours in the library today and I don't really read crime books, but I hope everyone else enjoyed it!

I'm going to bed now to read my vampire book!

Did you do anything exciting for World Book Night?

4 comments:

  1. I picked up The Blind Assassin from the library 2 weeks ago, but haven't got around to reading it yet!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! I love a bit of Atwood, have you read Oryx and Crake and The Flood, they're my faves at the moment!

      Delete
  2. Wish I'd known about this - I'd have come along.
    How do I find out about future events ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame..for next time you can find details of T&W library events on the website here http://www.telford.gov.uk/libraries click on the first icon, for opening hours etc with the orange open sign, then what's on...or on our facebook page, which is very regularly updated by our lovely librarians https://www.facebook.com/pages/Telford-Wrekin-Libraries/266955699990112

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie