Monday 11 October 2010

Product Swap...Lunchboxes


I take a packed lunch to work 3 or 4 times a week (I only work 3 or 4 days a week! whoop!) and I've  been using a very classy old plastic vitalite tub to carry it in.  But not any more, I've bought myself some lovely stainless steel containers off ebay (I've seen lots in eco/green stores and websites too, but they go for anything up to £20, if you search for any combination of stainless steel lunchbox, container, indian lunchbox, tiffin or puri dabba then some lovely bargainous stainless steel lunch tins should come up)  Mine were about £6 for two including postage (in this photo you can see my reflection in my shiny lunchboxes - I'm wearing a green dress and am therefore a green blob!  You can also see my lunch bag, it's has trees and mushrooms and bunnies and hedgehogs and deer all over it!) No more horrible, plastic, chemical leechy lunchboxes for me (they've gone in the recyling, so tis ok)!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute, Sooz!!!
    It's better to work 3 or 4 days a week, than none... like me at the moment...
    You must be happy and glad to have so nice lunchboxes like that – I had similar ones when I was a scout – :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danda :)
    I'm sorry to hear you're having no luck finding work, I'm very grateful to finally have a job - I spent 12 months out of work so I totally know what it's like, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tiffin boxes. I used to have the traditional style, similar to yours but it was three layered. You can usually pick them up from South Asian shops.

    I so love your lunch bag. The mushroom and trees as just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Yes, I can see a little green fairy reflection in the tin :)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Miss Mangocheeks :)

    I searched high and low for a metal lunchbox in real shops but couldn't find any, so I had to resort to the internet.

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little mushroom back in the background. Can I ask where you got that? its rather sweet.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought it years ago from a little independent shop in Aberystwyth, called Pollys...thats not very helpful is it! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

You can also find me on Twitter @secondhandsusie and Facebook facebook.com/secondhandsusie